Double Charged for ride..and then at Gucci?!?!

So, I was in Orlando giving a speech at a conference, land of “have a magical day” and paid by card in the taxi ride out to the resort. They “take cards” in the cabs - since the average cab ride is 78 they sort of have to - but not even with a knucklebuster – with a driver who takes the receipt out of a crusty glove box and runs his pen over the card to emboss it onto the card receipt. He then calls it via his cell phone into the dispatch to get an approval code, which he does get.

Not 24 hours after I did this, did I discover that not only was I charged twice for the same amount, but my number was attempted to be used to buy stuff at Gucci! The card people turned them down since the address did not match. Well, at least they had good taste. Gee, I am wondering if the who he called was an approval person or a scammer.

Where’s TaxiPass when you need it!

Karen 

No comments: